- Assist in requirements analysis and the creation of documentation / product backlog / use cases
- Create test plans and write test strategies/cases.
- Test software components ensuring that they meet the entire functional, technical, performance and security requirements.
- Conduct backend database testing through SQL interface.
- Coordinate deployment activities and release management at the project level.
- Contribute to test automation by writing and augmenting test scripts.
Qualification and skills required:-
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer application with an experience of 2-5 year’s testing web applications.
- Good understanding / experience of formal testing methodologies, test automation techniques and the defect reporting process.
- Knowledge of performing functional and performance testing is preferred
- Good knowledge of databases, web servers and web applications
- Good knowledge of MS SQL, .NET, HTML/ASP, Java
- Exposure to automated and performance testing is an added advantage
- Exposure to Testlink, Microsoft ACT, OpenSTA is an added advantage
- Familiarity with bug tracking, reporting, and verification tools and processes