- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Create and enforce database development standards.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Knowledge of clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Implement security and encryption
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Experience of 8 – 10 years. Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP