Entries have been invited for the fourth edition of Qisa- Qisa 2015, short film festival for employees of Technopark, organised by Prathidhwani, socio-cultural organisation of the employees. The festival is scheduled to be held on January 2016.
The short films should be original creations of Technopark employees of any phase. All films should be submitted on DVD for consideration of the selection committee, before January 20, 2016. The best short film will be given a cash prize of Rs.11,111 and the second best film will get Rs.5,555. The best director and scriptwriter will get Rs.5,555 each.
Technopark’s popular short film fete ‘Qisa 2015’ will be conducted in two sessions, one for screening of films and other an award function.
- Rules and Regulations
1. The QISA 2015 Technopark Film Festival is a short film festival conducted by Prathidhwani, the Socio Cultural organization of Technopark employees. Film Screening of competition films will be held in January 2016 at Technopark, Trivandrum.
2. The competition is open to all participants from Technopark.
3. The Director and Script writer of the film should be an employee working in Technopark.[Exceptions can be granted to employees of IT companies in Thiruvananthapuram district OR having its presence in Technopark, upon committee’s approval.]
4. Only Films produced after 1st January 2013 are eligible. Note : Films already screened in previous Qisa series are not eligible.
5. All films must be submitted on DVD for consideration of the selection committee, before 20th January 2016. (Data DVD with 720p resolution is preferred)
6. Each entry must be accompanied by a duly filled in entry form and 2 Passport size photographs of the Director and Script Writer.
7. The selection of the Films for the Qisa 2015 TFF will be announced not later than 22nd January 2016.
8. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
9. The TFF reserves the right to use excerpts and pictures from the film for promotion and public relation purposes.
10. The film can be in any language, but it should be subtitled in English. If the language of the film is English or Malayalam it is not required to be subtitled.
11. Running time of the film should not be less than 2 minutes and should not exceed 45 minutes.
12. No refund of travel expenses is provided for the participants attending the festival.
13. The films of any Genre can be submitted for the competition.
14. The short film can be documentary, experimental, narrative, fiction, docu-fiction or animation. The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD; but the film must be available on DVD for presentation or preview purpose.
15. Each participant can send as many entries as he/she likes, but with separate entry forms (you may copy or Xerox entry form), preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed.
16. The following cash prizes with memento will be as
• Best Short Film – Rs.11111/-
• Second Best Film – Rs. 5555/-
• Best Director – Rs. 5555/-
• Best Script – Rs. 5555/-
17. Registration fees for each film is Rs. 1000/- only.
18. Registration fee will not be refunded even if the film is not selected for the competition.
19. The DVD along with the Registration Fee can be submitted to Prathidhwani representatives directly. Prathidhwani representatives contact phone numbers: o Vinu P V(General Convener) – 9495025021(email@example.com ) o Johnson K Joshi – 9605349352 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
20. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
21. Decisions of the festival authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding to all parties.
Click here to download Registration Form