Session on “Future of IT Industry “ on 11 March 2015 ( tomorrow), 5:30 PM @ Travancore Hall, Park Centre
Prathidhwani, socio-cultural organization of Technopark employees is organising a seminar on “The Future of IT Industry”. Seminar will have voices of all stakeholders from the field and academia.
Confirmed speakers include, Mr. Satish Babu – Director, ICFOSS, Prof K N Harilal and Prof K J Joseph, both from Centre for Development Studies (CDS), a premier Economic Research institution, Mr. Joseph C Mathew, CEO Standout IT Solutions & Ex-IT Advisor to Chief Minister, Kerala and many more prominent personalities from the industry are expected to participate.
There will be a Q&A session as well.
Seminar is expected to give shape to more thoughts and actions.
Event is scheduled on March 11th Wednesday 5:30 pm at Travancore Hall, Park Centre, Technopark.
Speakers Profile :
Mr. Satish Babu – is the Director of the International Centre for Free and Open Source Software (ICFOSS), an autonomous academic/research institution of the Government of Kerala. Satish Babu was served as the president of various organisations like Computer Society of India (CSI), South-East Asia Regional Computer Confederation (SEARCC). He was the spokesperson and chief organizer of the 2001 “Freedom First!” Conference that introduced the concept and vision of Free Software in Kerala and India. He was a co-founder of the Society for Promotion of Alternative Computing and Employment (SPACE) and its Executive Secretary during 2003-2010. He joined the International Centre for Free and Open Source Software (ICFOSS) as its first Director. In 1999, he, jointly with three other colleagues, promoted InApp Information Technologies.
Prof K N Harilal – Centre for Development Studies(CDS), one of the foremost development economics research centers in the country. He served as the Member of Kerala State Planning Board.
Ph.D. in Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi,
eynolds David and Harilal K.N. (2006), Kerala: A Union Alternative to Corporate Globalization, Working USA: The Journal of Labor and Society, Volume 9, March
Narasimha Reddy D, Harilal K N and Jayaranjan J (2005), Understanding WTO: A Media Toolkit, Panos, South Asia, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Harilal, K.N. and P.L.Beena (2005) Reining in Rules of Origin Based Protectionism: A Critique of WTO Initiatives, Economic and Political Weekly, 40(51), December 17-25.
Prof K J Joseph – Professor, Centre for Development Studies(CDS),Member , Steering Commitee on India-EU Cooperation in Science and Technology [ Ministry of SUT] Member, Globelics Scientific Board
- Postdoctoral research in Economics ,Yale University (Economic Growth Center)
- Ph.D in Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University ,
- M.Phil in Applied Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- M. A in Economics, Dr John Matthai Center, University of Calicut (University Topper)
- FAMOUS BOOKS
- Industry under Economic Liberalization: The Case of Indian Electronics, Sage Publications, New Delhi 1997: For a Review article by the Member Planning Commission please see visithttp://archive.epw.in/data/PDF/000092_EPW_31_10_1998_Vol_XXXIII_No_44/RANDOM%20REFLECTIONS_%20Micro%20Theory%20with%20Macro%20Implications.pdf
- Information Technology, Innovation System and Trade Regime in Developing Countries: India and the ASEAN, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 2006.
- India’s Software Industry in Transition: Lessons for other developing countries and implications for South-South CooperationLimits to innovation set by
- strong export orientation: The Case of India’s Information and Communication Technologies Sector,
- Software Development and Export in India: An Application of the Specific factors Model
- IT Boom, the Economy and Labour
- India’s IT export boom: Challenges ahead
Joseph C Mathew, Ex-IT Advisor to Chief Minister & CEO of Standout IT solutions