The prestigious film festival of IT employees which has been attracting the film lovers - "Prathidhwani's Qisa" is inviting entries from IT employees all over Kerala. The short film festival which is stepping into its 7th edition is conducted by PRATHIDHWANI – Welfare Organization of IT Employess in Kerala. Since 2016, Prathidhwani Qisa Film Festival ( PQFF) has set the platform for IT employees from over 600 companies in Kerala including Technopark, Infopark and Cyber Park to showcase their talents. The jury consists of famous film and theater actress Sajitha Madathil, National award winning Director Sherry and the acclaimed film critic Sri M F Thomas as the chairman.
The last date for submitting the entries is 10th December 2018. The selected films will be screened on 15th& 16th December 2018 at Travancore Hall, Technopark.
Along with mementos, a cash award of Rs 11,111/- awaits the Best Film and Rs 5,555/- each for Second Best Film, Best Script & Best Director respectively. Best Actor, Best Actress, Cinematographer and Editor will also receive special awards.
Award ceremony will be held on December 19th at Infopark Kochi. Award winning movies will be showcased after the function.
160+ short films by the Techies have been premiered in Prathidhwani's Qisa festivals up till now. The winners received the awards from the acclaimed personalities of the film industry: Sri Shaji N Karun (2012), Sri Vineeth Srinivasan (2013), Sri Adoor Gopalakrishnan (2014), Sri Shyamaprasad (2015), Sri Jayaraj (2016),Sri. Dileesh Pothen(2017) in previous years.
It’s mandatory that the Director & the scriptwriter should be an employee of an IT company in Kerala. The running time of the film should be between 3 to 45 minutes. Films that participated in previous Qisa festivals will not be considered for this year's festival.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. PQFF 2018 is the Short Film Festival for IT Employees, Kerala conducted by Prathidhwani, the welfare Organization of IT employees in Kerala. Screening of competition films will be held on December 15th & 16th, 2018 at Technopark, Trivandrum.
2. The competition is open to all IT Employees of Kerala
3. The Director and Script writer of the film should be an employee working in an IT firm, Kerala and the selection process is subjected to film festival committee’s approval.
4. Apart from the general category short film contest, there will also be a micro-film contest based on the theme ‘REBUILD KERALA’.
5. The best short film based on the theme – ‘blood donation’ will be honoured with a special prize by ‘Tejus’, the blood donation forum.
6. All films must be submitted as DVD for consideration of the selection committee before 10th December 2018. (Data DVD with 720p resolution is preferred).
7. Only Films produced after 1st January 2017 are eligible. Note: Films already screened in previous Qisa editions are not eligible.
8. Each entry must be accompanied by HR letter from working company for identification of the Director and the Script Writer, a duly filled registration form (You can download it from the bottom of this page) and 2 Passport size photographs of the Director and Script Writer.
9. The selection of the Films for the PQFF 2018 will be announced not later than 13th December 2018.
10. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
11. PQFF 2018 film festival reserves the right to use excerpts and pictures from the film for promotion and public relation purposes.
12. The film can be in any language. But, it should be subtitled in English if the language of the film is other than English or Malayalam.
13. Running time of the short film should not be less than 3 minutes and should not exceed 45 minutes. Micro films should not exceed 3 minutes.
14. No refund of travel expenses will be provided for the participants attending the festival.
15. The films of any Genre can be submitted for the competition.
16. The short film can be documentary, experimental, narrative, fiction, docu-fiction or animation. The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD; but the film must be available on DVD for presentation or preview purpose.
17. Each participant can send as many entries as he/she likes, but with separate entry forms (you may copy or Xerox entry form), preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed.
18. The following cash prizes with memento will be as
- Best Short Film – Rs.11111/-
- Second Best Film – Rs. 5555/-
- Best Director – Rs. 5555/-
- Best Script – Rs 5555/-
Special Awards for Best Actor, Actress, DOP, Editor
19. Registration fee for each short film is Rs.1000/- and Rs. 100/- for a micro-film. The registration fee can be handed over to Prathidhwani representatives directly or transfer to Prathidhwani account “Account Name: Prathidhwani, Account Number: 32569574709, SBI Technopark Branch, Thiruvananthapuram. IFSC Code: SBIN0007617) Please send the transaction details to once you have done the transfer.
20. Registration fee will not be refunded even if the film is not selected for the competition. Screening will be carried out as 3 sections – short film (competition), short film (non-competition) & micro-film (theme based competiton).
21. The DVD along with the Registration Fee can be submitted to Prathidhwani representatives directly.
Prathidhwani representatives contact phone numbers:
o Aswin (Trivandrum/Technopark) – 9645203315
o Madhavan (Kochi/Infopark) – +91 98958 45342
o Pyarelal Malayil (Calicut/Cyberpark) – 9645203315
22. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
23. The Film Festival is slated for 2018 December 15th& 16th at Travancore Hall, Technopark, Trivandrum.
24. Decisions of the festival authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding to
For more details kindly contact:
Festival Director – Aswin M C (9645203315)
General Conveners – Amrutha Padmanabhan (9497788509), Sreepathi (9846444379)
General Conveners – Madhavan (+91 98958 45342), Deepa (+91 94955 80769)
Joint convenors - Emil (+91 85476 74127), Athira (+91 99613 32164)
General Conveners – Bijumon(98465668696), Pyarelal Malayil(8547872972)
Email ID : email@example.com