Entries invited for “Srishti 2016” – Creative Writing and Art Festival of Technopark by Prathidhwani
After the grand success of Srishti 2014 and Srishti 2015, Prathidhwani proudly announce the third session of Srishti, the creative Art Festival for the Technopark employees.
It is a well known fact that there are many strong writing talents in the Technopark community and Srishti is the event that targets to bring out the hidden creative talents of techies. So the eminent and aspiring writers in Technopark, Prathidhwani cordially invite you to rush in your entries to Srishti 2016, the only platform in Technopark to excel your talents.
Srishti 2014 & 2015 received hundreds of entries from technopark community. Srishti 2014 award function was inaugurated by famous Malayalam poet Shri Madhusoodhanan Nair and well known Malayalam poet Shri Kureeppuzha Sreekumar was also present. The function had been attended by other jury members and eminent writers like Smt Chandramathi, Shri P V Shajikumar and Shri Gopi kottoor. The Srishti 2015 awards were presented by noted writer Subash Chandran. Eminent Judges including Smt Chandramathi, Sri Gopi Kottoor, Dr. P S Sreekala, Vinod Vellayani and Suresh Kodoor graced the Srishti 2015 award function with their presence.
This year, Srishti is coming with changes in the format, by widening the area of creative competition. Along with the categories of Short Stories, Poems and Articles in both Malayalam and English, Srishti 2016 invites two more categories of artists. Those who are interested in pencil drawing and Cartoons can also participate in this year's Srishti competition. Yes! There will be two separate categories in Srishti 2016 for Cartoon and Pencil Drawing.
An Eminent Panel of Judges will evaluate your entries and there will be prizes for first and second prizes under each category. We welcome all techies to showcase their skills in this “creative writing contest”.
Please refer below the detailed guidelines.
Guidelines for Srishti-2016
1. Guidelines for Short Stories, Poems and Articles.
1) The contest is open to technopark employees of all phases.
2) Creative writing must be an original work in the form of a poem, short story or Article.
3) Entries should be either in English or in Malayalam.
4) All entries must be submitted online to the following email address depends on the category:
a.) Short Story: email@example.com
b.) Poem : firstname.lastname@example.org
c.) Article : email@example.com
Entries should reach by no later than 10th of October 2016.
5) Only individual participants are allowed.
6) Only one entry per category may be submitted by an individual.
7) Entries of ‘Srishti 2014’ and 'Srishti 2015" won’t be considered for ‘Srishti 2016’.
8) All entries which are eligible for judgement will be listed out in the website after October 10th and readers will be given the privilege to vote for the best (Yes, a reader’s choice award !!!).
The entries should be emailed with the following subject lines for each categories.
1) Poem – “Srishti Poem English/Malayalam <Name of the Participant>”
eg: “Srishti Poem Malayalam Suresh Kumar”
2) Short story – “Srishti Story English/Malayalam <Name of the Participant>”
eg: “Srishti Story English Suresh Kumar”
3) Article– “Srishti Article English/Malayalam <Name of the Participant>”
eg: “Srishti Article Malayalam Suresh Kumar”
1) Entries should be in unicode format.
2) Do not send the story/poem/article as an attachment. Cut and paste the content in body of the e-mail.
3) Maximum length for each category:-
Poetry – 60 lines
Short story – 4,000 words
Article – 5,000 words
TOPIC FOR ARTICLE:
English: Importance and Relevance of Scientific Awareness in our society.
Malayalam: ????????? ??????????? ??????? ????????????? ??????????? ????????????
Stories and poems can be on any theme.
AN ENTRY MUST ALSO HAVE:
1) Title of entry
2) Participant’s full name
3) Company name
4) Participant’s mobile number
5) Participant’s email address
Be sure your name and other details are at the top of the submission.
SRISHTI 2016 DEADLINE:
Rush in your entries by 10th of October, 2016.
Winning entries will be notified via telephone and email by end of October 2016, by the Prathidhwani team. The winners will be invited to attend the award ceremony which will be conducted by the end of October/ beginning of November.
The judging panel will comprise persons of eminence in literature & creative writing. The decisions of the judges are final.
Prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd positions in each category and language as judged by the Jury. Along with the jury prizes, entries that were voted best by the readers via online will also be awarded. Decision to publish in website for voting shall only be with the organising committee.
2. Guidelines specific to Pencil Drawing and Cartoon:
1.) Pencil drawing and Cartoon competition will be held as On-site.
2.) Competition will be conducted at Park Center on 15th October 2016.
3.) Participant wishes to participate in Cartoon or Pencil Drawing competition has to register for the competition.
4.) For registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details,
Subject for Cartoon : Srishti 2016 Cartoon <Name of the Participant>
Subject for Pencil Drawing: Srishti 2016 Pencil Drawing <Name of the Participant>
Name of the Participant:
5.) Organizers will provide the sheet of paper and Participants must bring their own drawing tools such as Pencil, eraser etc.
6.) Participants will be given 2 hours to complete the competition.
7.) No admittance will be allowed for participants who arrive 30 minutes later than the starting time.
8.) Starting time and other details about the competition will be informed to the participants after registration.
9.) Judgement will be done by a panel of competent judges selected by Srishti Organizing committee.
10.) In addition, the drawings may be considered for an exhibition as well as for other publication.
FOR QUESTIONS/DOUBTS, CONTACT:
Bimal Raj N. ; Mob: 8129455958 ; Email: email@example.com
Ajith Anirudhan.; Mob: 9947806429 : Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raneesh A R ; Mob: 9947006353 ; Email: email@example.com